A personal injury—a physical or emotional injury that results from the negligence or wrongdoing of another person, company, government agency, or other entity—can have a long-lasting impact on your life and your future.
After being hurt in a car or truck crash, motorcycle wreck, or other accident caused by another person or company's negligence, victims may be temporarily (or permanently) unable to work and suffer consequences like lost wages and rapidly mounting unexpected medical debt. Though they may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault party, obtaining a fair financial recovery is anything but a walk in the park.
If you're in this position, you may have a long and arduous road ahead of you. Fortunately, you don't have to embark on this journey alone. At The Cronin Law Firm, our experienced personal injury attorneys can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Feeling confused, discouraged, or intimidated by the idea of taking legal action? Contact us today for a free case evaluation, and let our legal counselors serve as your voice and your strength.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Michigan
Our firm provides aggressive and effective representation for those who've suffered injuries and other losses due to the actions of a third party. We handle a wide range of personal injury matters, including cases involving:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Employment harassment, discrimination, and wrongful termination
- Assault and battery
- Whistleblower protection
- Toxic mold exposure
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Dog bites
- Malicious prosecution and abuse of process
- Defamation claims
- Malpractice (medical and dental)
- Dangerous or defective products
- Wrongful deaths
- Fraud and misrepresentation
- And more
Potential Damages and Reasons for Compensation
When you're dealing with injuries and financial hardships caused by someone else's negligent or malicious actions, it can feel like all hope is lost. We understand what's at stake, and we'll vigorously explore every possible avenue for compensation. Our attorneys are able to help you recover damages for:
- Accident-related medical expenses (including ambulance transportation, emergency medical services, appointments with general practitioners and specialists, hospital stays, surgical procedures, prescriptions, rehabilitation, assistive devices and care, and medically-necessary travel costs and home modifications)
- Property damage repair or replacement costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional and psychological trauma
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced quality of life
- And other losses
Interested in finding out which damages may be applicable in your case? We can help.
Michigan Personal Injury Cases: What You Need to Know
The personal injury claims and the litigation process are full of potential pitfalls. Here's what you need to know to protect your right to receive a full and fair financial recovery:
- Waiting too long to take legal action can have devastating consequences. In Michigan, you have a specified time frame from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit. This time period is referred to as the statute of limitations, which varies based on the type of claim. For example, while you generally have three years to file a lawsuit for an automobile accident, you have two years to file a malpractice claim, and only one year to file a claim for libel and slander. Once the applicable statute of limitations expires, you can be barred from making a claim.
- Insurance companies aren't on your side. Insurance companies protect their bottom lines by ensuring they collect more in premiums than they pay out to claimants—and insurance adjusters have a number of tactics they use to trick you into damaging your own case. We handle all communications with the at-fault party's insurance company so you can breathe a little easier.
- Worried you may be partially to blame for your accident or injuries? Michigan follows comparative fault rules, which means you can still recover damages even if you contributed to the accident in which you were injured. However, your overall recovery will be reduced to reflect your responsibility.
- You CAN afford an attorney. We handle personal injury cases on a contingency basis, which means that rather than paying for legal services up front, we receive a percentage of whatever settlement or financial award we recover for you at the conclusion of the case. If you don’t recover, then we don’t get paid any legal fees.
Request an Initial Consultation with Our MI Personal Injury Attorneys
Not sure if you have a strong personal injury case or if our firm is the right fit for your legal matter? Please complete our contact form, click the blue "Send Us A Text Message!" button on this page, or call us at 248-258-3500 to schedule an appointment for a complimentary consultation.